The Primary Teachers’ Network (PTN) will promote, represent and support primary teachers (K- 6) in New South Wales Schools and provide advocacy for the primary teaching profession.
In order to achieve our purpose PTN will:
- provide effective governance to shape the principles and framework to guide and support the processes associated with the development of the organisation to deliver its objectives
- provide and/or source leadership and advice on the needs of primary teachers in NSW schools
- provide and/or source professional learning activities to support NSW primary teachers in the transition to, and implementation of, the Australian Curriculum and the National Professional Standards for Teachers
- provide advice and support at key stages in the development of innovative modes of delivery of professional learning
- provide a financial structure that ensures cost effective membership.